In the north of Italy is the ski resort of Canazei, the most visited in the country. The reasons are a convenient location, infrastructure, many trails of varying difficulty. Before the trip, it is recommended to study its features, prices for services, how to get from other cities of the country.
A popular tourist base was built in the Val di Fassa, near the eponymous commune of Canazei. The complex is part of the Dolomites, located in the middle of the valley. This allows tourists and vacationers to choose slopes of varying difficulty without spending a lot of time on the trip. The place is convenient for a relaxing holiday, there is beautiful nature, picturesque views of the mountains.
Useful information about the resort:
- The season starts from December and lasts until April.
- Eghes sports and recreation complex is in operation. There are indoor pools, spas, you can play tennis in indoor areas.
- Ice Palace. Offers entertainment for adults and children – an ice rink, slides. Entrance fee 4-8 Euro.
- In the commune of Canazei , you can see several memorable places, try local cuisine.
For tourists and independent travelers, the ski resort of Canazei offers accommodation options – booking rooms in hotels, hotels, apartments. Breakfast is included in the price, but there is no comprehensive meal plan.
On the territory of the camp site there is a rental point for ski equipment and equipment. There are kits for beginners and experienced athletes. Rental price – from 50 Euro. If you plan to stay at the resort for more than 6 days, we recommend taking skis, snowboards and equipment with you.
Tip: Temperatures can drop to -25°C at night. For evening and night skiing, pop slopes require insulated sportswear.
How to get there
The tourist complex is located in the north of Italy; several international highways pass through it. Flights are recommended to take to the airports of Verona or Venice. The distance from these cities to the camp site is 196 and 222 km. The nearest big city is Bolzano, 86 km away. You can get to the ski resort of Canazei by car, regular bus.
How to get there:
- On commuter trains. The nearest railway stations to the base are located in Bolzano, Ora and Trento. Regular buses pass through them.
- By car. You need to follow the Brennero motorway, then turn into Ora, cross the Passo San Lugano. The SS highway leads through it . The next point is Val di Femme.
- By taxi. This is the most expensive way, the price of the trip is 150-480 Euro.
- Transfer order. Many hostel hotels provide this paid service.
You can quickly get to the ski resort of Canazei by car or electric trains. Consider ticket prices, it is recommended to buy them in advance. A one-time trip is more expensive than a subscription for several days.
Tip: Inexperienced drivers will find it difficult to navigate the country’s mountainous roads. When choosing a bus route, keep in mind that there should be room for luggage in the car.
The complex is located at an altitude of 1500 m, surrounded by the slopes of several mountains. This made it possible to create slopes of varying difficulty – green for beginners, red for intermediate skiers and black for experienced skiers. The piste map of the Canazei ski resort shows 16 routes. Additionally, you can drive to other camp sites of the valley.
Description of slopes:
- Stella Ronda. Circular descent passing through several resorts in the region. You can get to the top on the Belvedere lift.
- Elevation difference – 80-300 m.
- The total length is 18 km.
- The cable car Canazei – Pecol operates in the center of the village.
- For children and beginners there is a ski school with instructors.
The resort has several types of lifts – ski lifts, chairlifts. Prices for ski – pass in the ski resort of Canazei depend on the time of skiing and the season. For 1 day you need to pay 45 Euros, a subscription for 7 days will cost 246 Euros. The advantage of a ski pass is that it is valid on all slopes of the valley.
On the territory of the recreation center there are several hotels, hotels. Reservations must be made in advance, in winter there are many tourists. It is recommended to book accommodation with breakfast, the rest of the meals can be arranged in local restaurants, bars. It serves Italian and European cuisine. The price of breakfast for two is from 20 Euro.
Where to stay:
- Hotels – Al Sole Clubresidence 3*, Albergo Garni Fiordaliso, Caminetto 3*. Prices for accommodation – from 70 euros. They are located near the ski lifts, there are shops, souvenir shops.
- Chalet houses Residence Contrin. Convenient for a large company, the price of renting one is from 120 euros. The layout includes a kitchen, several bathrooms, Wi-Fi.
- Rent apartments in the village. An option for 1-2 tourists who plan to stay at the camp site for a short time.
To stay in the ski resort of Canazei, you need to learn the local rules. You cannot be on the street while intoxicated, violation of the order is strictly punished by the local authorities.
Tip: Hotels may offer a discount for regular customers. If you are planning regular trips to a tourist complex, stay at the same hotel.
Reviews of tourists
This recreation center is suitable for European tourists; prices are average for the region. In reviews of the Canazei ski resort, they often write about the quality of service, the choice of slopes, and local attractions. Tourists like the complexity of the tracks, night skiing.
Disadvantages – prices, staff does not know Russian. But this is solvable even with minimal knowledge of English. There may be a problem during the journey to the base, it takes 2-4 hours.