You can combine family and active winter holidays in Austria by going to the Flachau ski resort. This is the largest tourist base in the country, which has united several sports complexes – Filzmoos, Radstadt, Eben, Altenmarkt / Zauchensee, Kleinarl, Wagrain land, St. Johann, Alpendorf. Convenient transport location, slopes and slopes of varying difficulty, freeride, cross-country skiing trails – this attracts tourists and independent travelers.
Description of the hostel
The advantages of the Austrian ski base are many options for accommodation, slopes located on several slopes. There are trails for beginners and experienced skiers. The stages of the World Cup, national and international competitions are periodically held here. The weather conditions are mild, the Alpine winter in the valley is not characterized by low temperatures. Most of the slopes are located on the south side and are well lit. For snowboarders, complex routes with artificial obstacles and tunnels have been developed. Here you can also practice freestyle, improving your skiing skills.
General description of the ski base:
- The season starts in December and ends in mid-March.
- The sports complex can accommodate up to 8,000 people.
- Infrastructure Apres – Ski – 30 bars and pubs, 40 restaurants, night clubs, discos.
- There is entertainment for children – a snow park, playgrounds, kindergartens.
- You can visit local attractions – Hoch Castle (Hoch), take a walk through the national natural park.
- It is possible to order snowmobiling.
Vacationers can visit SPA centers, gyms. There are several indoor pools, you can order a sauna or bath. There are several schools for ski instructors, and ski equipment can be rented. For accommodation in the Flachau ski resort, hotel rooms and guest houses for rent are provided.[su _note]Tip: according to the reviews of vacationers, the best photos are obtained from observation platforms located at the top of the slopes. Information about them is on the official website.[/su_note]
How to get there
The sports base is located in the Amadé ski area. The nearest international airport is in Salzburg, 71 km away. You will need to drive from Munich 230 km, from Vienna 327 km Innsbruck 248 km. Independent travelers and tourists are advised to buy air tickets to Salzburg Airport.
From here you can reach the Flachau ski area by train, bus or car. An alternative option is to order a transfer. This is convenient for large groups of tourists who travel with their own ski equipment and equipment.
Ways to get to the camp site from Salzburger :
- By train. There are buses from the airport every 15 minutes to the railway station. Here you need to buy a ticket to the Radshtat station. The average travel time is up to 3 hours.
- By bus. Direct routes run from the airport with a frequency of one hour. The fare is 51 Euro. Excess baggage must be paid separately.
- By car. The city must exit onto the A10 highway, which follows Flachau. Travel time is 2.5 hours.
You can rent a car for independent travel. This is a convenient option for those who want to see the nature and sights of Austria. The roads in the country are good, it is recommended to rent a sedan or coupe. Thus, you can travel with a full set of ski equipment, but there will be additional costs – the purchase of fuel.
The conditions of the camp site allow you to engage in any kind of winter sports – red descent from the mountains, there are cross-country skiing tracks, winter hiking trails. There is a large snowboard park, halfpipe. For children, training trails have been developed on the map of the slopes of the Flachau ski resort. There are special baby lifts for them. To keep the snow, cover in good condition, 130 snow cannons. The total area of artificial snow making is 70%. The general part of the ears works on high-speed slopes.
Description of the tracks of the sports complex and characteristics:
- The maximum height is 2000 m.
- Elevation difference – up to 1163 m.
- The total length of the slopes is 111 km.
- The maximum length of the route is 6 km.
- Developed 28 descents. 16 red, 2 black, 10 blue.
- There are routes for freeride.
On the map of the slopes of the Flachau ski resort, routes that are illuminated at night are separately marked. On one of the slopes, sledding tracks have been created. The total length of the cross-country skiing route is 40 km. They are located at an altitude of 950 m. The price of a ski pass is from 43 Euro for 1 day. The cost of renting ski equipment and equipment is from 65 euros for 1 set. To improve your skiing skills, you can enroll in a ski school. The price of a group subscription is 25 Euro for 1 hour. You can stay at the Sportwelt Hotel. An alternative accommodation option is to rent an apartment in Sankt Johann im Pongau.