You can get to Montenegro by car, train or by plane. Most often choose the latter option, as it is fast, convenient, and relatively inexpensive. Planes arrive at the airports of Montenegro – Tivat or Podgorica. Tourists and independent travelers need to know the difference between them, where to see the flight schedule.
It was built in 1971, the infrastructure has not undergone major changes. It has a small bandwidth, works only 11 check-in counters. This international airport of Montenegro is located 3 km from the city, there is a bus station nearby, taxi services are offered. Permanent passenger air travel is only to Belgrade and Moscow, most of the flights are charter.
- Open from 6:00 to 16:00, in the summer – until sunset.
- On the website you can see the schedule of current flights at Tivat Airport.
- Able to serve no more than 6 aircraft per hour.
- The length of the runway is 2.5 km, so large ships here cannot land.
- During landing there is a beautiful view of the Adriatic coast.
- The management company – Aerodromi Crne Gore.
The building area is 4 thousand m². In the summer, when the influx of tourists and independent travelers is large, services do not cope with the volume of work. But this is offset by the professionalism, courtesy of the staff. It is recommended to reach it 1.5-2 hours before departure.
On the territory of the airport of Montenegro there is a duty-free, there are several open cafes. There is a car rental. Information about the arrival and departure is shown on the old small scoreboard. The inner room is small, few places to stay.
The main country, located 12 km from the capital, is located near the town of Golubovtsy. The unofficial name is Golubovci Airpor. The new terminal was built in 2006, designed for annual maintenance of 1 million passengers per year. Now this figure does not exceed 500 thousand tourists and vacationers. Here regular flights land and depart, for travelers Montenegro airport is inconvenient, since it is far from the coast.
- Works around the clock.
- Convenient for tourists arriving at the country’s ski resorts.
- Service faster than at Tivat airport.
- You can choose to travel to the country in winter.
This terminal is often used as a transit. There are comfortable waiting rooms, cafes and restaurants. In anticipation of the flight, you can drive to the capital of the country, see the sights.
Distance to resorts
Tourists after ordering air tickets are recommended to arrange a transfer, choose the official taxi service. Arriving on vouchers are delivered to the resorts by bus. Independent travelers can explore the schedule of buses and so make up a route.
When choosing Montenegro airport takes into account the distance from it to the desired resort.
It takes into account the time of arrival, passing passport control. Tickets for buses can be bought from the drivers. It is better to hire a taxi by phone; private terminals often cost from terminals, which charge more than official services.
Having a rest in Budva is convenient an arrival to the airport of Montenegro Tivat. Travel time to the resort will be no more than 20 minutes. If you are traveling to ski resorts, it is recommended to choose Podgorica.
Registration, landing, visa
Flights to European cities are provided by the local airline, Montenegro Airlines. Such Russian airlines fly to Montenegro – Siberia, Aeroflot, Pobeda. European – Turkish Airlines, Adria Airways, Air Serbia, Alitalia, Austrian Airlines. You can order tickets to the country on the websites of these organizations or from intermediaries.
Tips for tourists:
- Arrive at the airport 1-1.5 hours before departure, find out the place of registration.
- Find out the maximum weight of luggage for 1 person.
- Order a taxi in advance or come by bus.
- There are no cafes in Tivat, it is recommended to take drinks with you to wait for the flight.
- Prepare tickets, passports.
Be sure to familiarize yourself with the list of allowed to export from Montenegro. Current export regulations are on the official website of the customs service of the country. This will help avoid misunderstandings and conflicts.